The Course is run over 5 days in week 16, from the 16th. untill the 20th. of April. Hours are 09.00 untill 15.30, including a lunch-break of 30 minutes. (Limited number of participants)
The teacher is Riina Õun, whom you can meet and read more about here
The Course is a mix of theory and practical exercise, where you will be introduced to and get hands-on with the Craft. The purpose is to give an introduction to the basic-techniques behind hand-made gloves and it requires some knowledge of handsewing.
- The History behind the Craft
- Introduction to the materials, quality-control and sourcing of leather.
- The glovemakers tools
- Anatomy and patterns
- Handstitching & decoration
- Measuring and sizing
- Presentation of a classic pattern and customizing it.
- The design-process
- Placement and tracing on leather
- Each participant makes a test-glove
Day 4 & 5;
- Each participant makes a pair of gloves after own design using the presented sewing and decoration-techniques.
- Care of leather-products.
The Course is intensive, at a high level and the language is English. Upon completion a Diploma is handed out.